Sunday 26 February 2023

#dungeon23 - bringing loose ends together for February's level

 Looking back to the other posts for February's "Fungal Wasteland" I've tried to tie everything together as the rooms draw to a close:


The fungus-folk's prophecy from week 1 was a loose end, as was the giant ancient mother-shroom so I had to tie those together in 26/2.

This also concretes the purpose of the machinery in 9/2 and should give players something interesting to unravel should they wish to.

Another slime waterfall joins the one from 5/2 as the exit down to level 3, and it made thematic sense to join these with a river.

This level felt like it was missing a "boss" encounter so the "feral harvester" spark added that, plus an extra conflict between it and the fungus-folk (to add to the uneasy peace between them and the goblins that the other rooms imply.

Overall I think the sparks from my meta-spark-table-of-spark-tables have helped a lot in the process, there's definitely a lot I can riff off when I come to draft up the level proper and it feels like the "story" of the dungeon is emerging nicely.

I'm going to refine that spark tabling procedure for March and see how things go ... what will Level 3 be??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.