Sunday 12 February 2023

A double dose of #dungeon23 (with a dash of chatGPT)

As I missed posting my progress last week due to diverting time to work on the meta-spark-table, here are that week's and this week's rooms:



I've tried to use a lot of the sparks I generated last week, and some more that I generated this week, and I'm pleased with the results and how it made me approach this.

I found that I was forcing myself to be more creative, I hope that's a good thing!

One thing I think I will do is make the tables more specifically focused on dungeon things - so keep Antagonists for encounters but make the others more focused towards e.g. treasure and special rooms... but I'm happy with the first draft.

Out of curiosity, while writing this post after the fact, I also fed last week's spark results to chatGPT and it gave me this:
  • Rotting survivors' chamber: A dimly lit room with decaying corpses of previous adventurers, their rusted weapons, and tattered armor scattered around.
  • Slime refuge: A small, damp room filled with glowing, bio-luminescent slime that provides refuge for various small creatures.
  • Infested prophecy: A chamber decorated with rotting vines, with a prophecy inscribed in the walls, warning of the impending doom of the dungeon.
  • Corrupted collapse: A partially caved-in chamber, filled with twisted metal and rock fragments, surrounded by clusters of rusted spores.
  • Scrap/junk farm: A makeshift farming room where a group of jury-rigged fungus-folk tends to a variety of plants grown on scrap metal and junk.
  • Rusted spores' chamber: A large, eerie chamber with rusted spores hanging from the ceiling, filling the air with a metallic scent and slowly corroding any metal objects left within the room.
  • Forgotten feast: An abandoned dining hall filled with festering food and rotting remains of long-dead creatures, with a decaying table at the center.
I would be interested to know your thoughts.

If you have your own favourite dungeon generation procedures I would love to hear about them, either in the comments or by leaving a link to one of your blog posts on the February RPG Blog Carnival page here, which this month is all about "procedures".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.