Wednesday 7 October 2020

On Covid, Blades in the Dark, and blogging

I've been away for a while, sorry.

Image (cc) Nick Kenrick
After facing redundancy my gaming life went through a drought, then there was Covid which has brought some interesting changes to the way we play.

I'm now running Blades in the Dark, on Roll20, which is worthy of a whole review post in itself.  It's a game I have wanted to try out for some time, given my recently discovered love of Dungeon World and PBtA games in general, and while it isn't perfect it has been very enjoyable indeed.

Before that was a brief return to WFRP, a dalliance with the intriguing Monster of the Week, and of course very little boardgaming or wargaming!

It's time to get the blog back up and running.  I've even applied to host the RPG Blog Carnival sometime.  I'm excited about getting my head back into gaming and, perhaps more importantly, gaming back into my head!

How have you all been coping, hope your gaming life has adapted to this odd new normal?  Comments always very welcome...

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of Blades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a review in the works, watch this space. But in summary: it does what it does very well, but as with all sandbox games I found it hard to keep hold of all the threads.

      Delete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.