Friday 9 October 2020

Six blog posts I should have told you about last year...

Some stuff you may have missed from the blogosphere - now I'm off to find out what I may have missed since last year!
Image (cc) Kevin Dooley

I've been pointed to some interesting starting material for OSR games at Paul's Gameblog - having started D&D at 4e and disliked 3e I never experienced "the old school" and wouldn't know where to start.  There is a lot of OSR sensibility that appeals to me...

For those wanting to add some flavour to NPCs, DIY and Dragons has this fantastic link list for backgrounds and occupations.

Thinking about both Cthulhu and Blades in the Dark, and now just in time for Hallowe'en, I was happy to stumble upon this ghostly generator at Archons March On.

Against the Wicked City imagined the Warhammer universe in the context of classic English literature - and it's absolutely beautiful!

More OSR goodness over at Slugs and Silver - a collection of all sorts of great random tables (and you know I love random generators)

I have to include this plug and play dungeon room from Sheep and Sorcery just because it's such a good idea, and well executed too.

Please support the blogosphere and let me know any great finds of your own in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.