Wednesday 5 June 2019

(WIP) Playbooks for Stars Without Number

Image (cc) BiPiCado
Midway through my recent SWN campaign I started reading some "Powered By The Apocalypse" games and I really liked the ideas of a) tying the story to the characters and b) character playbooks to help flesh them out.  It reminded me of what I liked about Beyond The Wall.

I started making some "playbooks" for Season 2 of the campaign when one of the players talked to me about not being sure where his PC came from or how it fit in.

They're not complete - by any stretch! - but you can download my Stars Without Number Character Playbooks in their current state from Google Drive and adapt them to your game.

Screenshot below:



These are fan content based on the tables in the free Stars Without Number rules for randomly rolling characters based on background, but adding a prompt for each result to help with the fiction.  Mechanically the characters will be the same, as the tables are the same, but hopefully they will help generate character backstories and ideas for drives and goals as well.

As always please let me know your thoughts in the comments, and some encouragement to pull my finger out and get these finished might be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.