Tuesday 11 June 2019

Dynamic RPG Plotting Project

Image (cc) paganjesus
I'm the kind of person who likes to have a project, so I'm setting myself one right here.

For years I've been looking for a way to weave the player characters into engaging plots while still keeping prep low and flexibility high, and it finally feels like things are falling into place. My hobby project for the rest of this year [EDIT: now ongoing!] is going to be formalising my ideas and getting them down on paper. Electrons. Like so:
  1. How I Learned to Let Go and Embrace the Chaos
  2. Railroad / Sandbox / Other
  3. Reusability and Separation of Concern 
  4. Using a Grid for Plot Components
  5. Populating the Grid 
  6. Using the Grid for Planning 
  7. Reshuffling Items in the Grid 
  8. Example Campaign 
Sounds manageable, and by the end I'll know if it works or not. Hope you'll follow along. I'll be using this post as an index as I go and post a retrospective at the end, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.