Thursday 23 May 2019

Villagers Unboxing and First Impressions

My Villagers Kickstarter pledge arrived the other day, I must say I'm pretty impressed.

Is it half empty or half full?
Everything fits nicely in the box, although it seems half empty I realised the space is for those who got the wooden coins, so it's nice that it should all fit in the main box!

  

 
Contents:
  • Coins - plenty of card coins to punch, nice and thick and they feel good quality. Good job there's that spare section of box to store them in.
  • Rules - nicely illustrated but look more complicated than it turns out they are!
  • Cards - The cards are nicely illustrated and I like that there are dividers to help organise them, clear icons as to what goes where, and hint cards with reminders of what can be done in each phase.
  • Kickstarter expansions - a mysterious box!
The KS box contains a wooden First Player token (to replace/supplement the card in the main deck) and cards, tokens, and dividers for four expansions. I'm leaving them boxed until I get the main game learnt, but it looks again like they fit in the main box with the other cards.

The game itself?  We had a quick play through and it's easy to get to grips with after a few turns, seems like it requires more thought when it comes to choosing and placing villagers than it might first seem.  Looking forward to playing it more.

Both the game and the box seem well thought out and well designed. Played it or want it? Waiting for yours? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.