Wednesday 23 March 2011

Rollin' with it: A place to call home...


First decision made:  I'll be running Pathfinder in Epic 6 mode because at least I know what I'm doing and I know my players like the system.

I'll also be going miniatureless - which is unusual for me, but worked well in Alternity and saves a lot of mini-and-map-related hassle!  Go go Gadget imagination.

Second decison made:  We'll be playing in Freeport, for multiple reasons:
  1. I wanted a city, and considered The Great City from 0one Games as a possible easy-to-populate backdrop... but also fancied a change of setting from our other Pathfinder game.
  2. There's a heck of a lot of background in the Pirate's Guide to Freeport - system independent is a bonus to me, and I'd actually think I didn't really need to buy the Pathfinder Companion for the game too, if it wasn't for the brilliant new classes.
  3. I've always wanted to run a pirate game.  Arrr!
Plus: the setting has details of a newspaper - what better way to feed plot hooks to the players? - and a great amount of the legwork has been doen for me, not that I intend to use it all.

Step 1a:  Get a'hold of some suitable feats for an Epic 6 game...

Step 2:  Set up factions, agendas and a few plot outlines - have been reading up on Dave the Game's 5 x 5 method in preparation...

Wish me luck, or give me advice, below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.