Sunday 1 January 2023

d100 #dungeon23 spark table

Happy New Year! I've been meaning to start making some dungeons for a while now, so what better time to start than now.  Whether I actually do or not, I've thrown together this spark table for inspiration; please do feel free to use it:

1 Ancient Childhood
2 Death City
3 Sunken Factory
4 Love Touch
5 Empire Fall
6 Heavy Pit
7 Rural Library
8 Darkness Ocean
9 Bloom Song
10 Rust Roots
11 Noise Bones
12 Time Gardens
13 Excess Portal
14 Decay Idol
15 Flood Door
16 Sleep Light
17 Cold Bridge
18 Ash Mask
19 Meat Rise
20 Solitude Galleries
21 Growth Cliffs
22 Greed Road
23 Luck Badlands
24 Chaos Trench
25 Laugher Labyrinth
26 Smoke Passages
27 Forgotten Junction
28 Song Causeway
29 Roots Caverns
30 Bones Mines
31 Hangman Riverbed
32 Blood Crypt
33 Prophet Vents
34 Stars Warrens
35 Cut Meadows
36 Sacrifice Shafts
37 Incense Jumble
38 Gold Crawlways
39 Obsidian Wasteland
40 Winding Halls
41 Fractured Canyons
42 Deep Shore
43 Flooded Chasms
44 Dripping Maze
45 Sulfur Worm-casts
46 Ice Edge
47 Misty Darkness
48 Artificial Refuge
49 Crystal Wonderland
50 Gem Jungle
51 Endless Arches
52 Fungal Pillars
53 Lava Geysers
54 Noxious Dunes
55 Giant's Burrows
56 Jagged Battlefield
57 Ashen Railroad
58 Steaming Ossuary
59 Haunted Nest
60 Ooze Hunting Grounds
61 Twisted Society
62 Enchanted Factory
63 Antimagic Tonic
64 Pastry Heap
65 Highrise Chimney
66 Loud Debt
67 Overgrown Crowd
68 Burnt Museum
69 Disputed University
70 Repurposed Office
71 Dirty Distillery
72 Glass Art
73 Electric Canal
74 Murder Tourism
75 Paper Lizard
76 Smoked Graveyard
77 Bombed Council
78 Fat Slum
79 Luxury Music
80 Wild Ruins
81 Broken Fort
82 Prototype Market
83 Artisan Rookery
84 Antigravity Holy Site
85 Biomechanical Lair
86 Cosmic Homesteads
87 Floating Boomtown
88 Folding Harbour
89 Hallucinogenic Prison
90 Hypnotic Vaults
91 Living Town
92 Orbital Paradise
93 Regenerating Rain
94 Slippery Sea
95 Silken Belt
96 Soul Fleet
97 Space Cloud
98 Truth Titan
99 Vanishing Worldtree
100 Wizard Wheel

This is using the words from Sean McCoy's original expanded post, plus some borrowed or stolen from the excellent Downcrawl / Skycrawl and from spark tables I have bookmarked at both Bastionland and Prismatic Wasteland.  Plus a few words I sprinkled in as the mood or inspiration took me, or when I realised I had duplicates and needed to replace them!

Image credit: midgptjourney

This is so intimidating that this might just be it for today for me. If you're looking for more then you may like my 5 room dungeon generator and this dungeon-related RPG Blog Carnival round-up post - good luck.

Comments are always welcome.  If you use this I'd love to know what you rolled, and see the results...

2 comments:

  1. Starting the project with a spark table seems like a really great foundation. I guess as you zero in on the focus of your dungeon concept you'll curate the table a bit? Or will you keep it broad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely I'll curate the table, these things always evolve, although I maybe like the idea of having different themes for levels/areas in theory. In the sprit of the thing I thought it was most important to just start, and then see what happens! Seems you have a theme planned, I like it, I had literally no ideas. Good luck!

      Delete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.