Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Is Your Games Life A Secret?

I have played for many years but if you were to ask some of the people that I have known for years they would have no idea of my gaming interest. For instance I currently work nights but I’ve arranged to have Thursdays off work each week for my regular RPG group, my co-workers know nothing about why I have this day off due to my strict if they don't ask then don't tell them, but why the secrecy?

I am just a somewhat private person who needs to get to know someone well before I open up to them about myself properly and my gaming side. But even though I don't tell people about my games life I don’t deny it either if someone finds out. I mean we did play in a local backstreet pub snug for about a year in full view anyone who cared to pass by.

Thinking about it as I write this post it occurs to me that maybe its natural for a person to have many sides to his character and to show differing facets to other people. Maybe I just know that some people are more receptive to the games side and to others I can talk about my other interests like history, movies, football etc.

So after reading this post are you an open loud and proud type or more like me a private gamer?

3 comments:

  1. This crab is slowly coming out of his shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I do remember trying to explain it to the wife - which is maybe why I can't be arsed trying to explain it to everyone else too?!

    "So, did you win?"
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post about public gaming here:

    http://theactionpoint.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/rpg-blog-carnival-growing-the-hobby/

    ReplyDelete

The Hotness: