Monday 16 October 2023

Gorkamorka mob building and loadouts

I've had a couple more games of GorkaMorka and started building my own minis to represent my mob (as I borrowed them last time). Rules-as-written there are a few things to consider when choosing gear for my Boyz

  • Everyone gets knives/knuckles free, meaning there's no reason any boy can't have multiple melee weapons
  • The +1 Attacks bonus for having multiple melee weapons only applies to Boyz who don't have any two handed weapons
  • The Big Shoota is hands down the best weapon, no reason not to take one on each vehicle apart from cost!
There's no advantage to having a pair of Choppas or a pair of Sluggas (apart from if one of them runs out of ammo) or a 'Uge Choppa and another melee weapon, so I've been reviewing my mob's loadouts.

Gorkamorka actual play - gw orks
The boyz grabbing some loot

My Nob's switched out his Slugga for a Shoota as they cost the same and the Shoota is better at range at the cost of being two-handed - so he got no benefit from using the Slugga with his 'Uge Choppa. Not that that would have stopped him being taken out by one of Jim's grots (above, left) - oh the shame!

Oddly, Slugga + Choppa is probably the best loadout for a Nob, despite the urge to beef them up. The game is definitely designed for boyz to go ranged OR melee, and I'm trying to make them all unique:

Melee/CQ 3-teef loadouts:
  • Slugga + Choppa/Chain/Spear
  • 6 Shoota + Choppa/Chain/Spear
I might play around with them but the other melee weapons (spears etc.) just don't feel like they have as much utility as a good ol' Choppa. Happy to take advice!

Ranged 3-teef loadouts:
  • Kannon (worth trying out)
  • Shoota + Choppa (for the strength bonus?)
  • Shoota + Shield (cause I think it would look cool and might work?)
Stuff I'm toying with:
  • 2x 6 Shootas (two rounds of firing before needing to reload) - 4 teef
  • Shoota + 'Uge Choppa - 4 teef
  • Frag stikkbombs (only? Nothing really adds much and they're already fairly expensive - but presumably fun) - 3 teef
  • Just a Slugga - for the drivers - 2 teef
Going to try a few of these out. Thankfully I won a few bags of teef so I've put a Big Shoots on my second trukk too.

Suggestions for fun loadouts accepted in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.