Monday 14 December 2020

Late to the party: Dissident Whispers

I recently found out about this collection of 58 double-page adventures and promptly ordered myself a copy from Melsonian Arts Council.


It arrived today and I've thumbed through already.  Most of the adventures within look viable, some are entertaining or humourously written, many are beautifully presented.

There are:

And a smattering for some other miscellaneous games: 
Some of the System Agnostic ones are explicitly OSR, which maybe could have had a section, some of the specific ones could happily be System Agnostic, and a couple are not really "adventures" to my mind.

Will I run all or most of these adventures? Probably not, but they're inexpensive enough not to care.

Will I play some small press or indie RPGs that I may not have otherwise? Yes I hope so!

Will I enjoy reading it like an anthology of short stories, knowing I have supported a worthy cause? Definitely.

So: where to start?

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely play Mothership, it's a great little game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will, thanks for the recommendation Wilson.

      The Mothership and Mork Borg adventures in the book look pretty good, and I have played the latter (and would again) so definitely want to try them out.

      Delete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.