Saturday 15 January 2011

Science Fiction, Sextuple Feature! Surge buffer overload...


I was just sitting thinking about how to redesign my "bombers" for Starmada - I was hoping to use some of the nifty NSL strikeboats from Ground Zero Games to differentiate them from my corvettes - when I thought I'd slide by FireBroadside to see how the StarBlazers fleet was coming along...

Yet another awesome game moving under my radar, in the form of the very intriguing-looking Earth Reborn.
I've been looking for small scale SF (or Fantasy, to be honest) skirmish games for a long time: Necromunda's too much like 40k, the beautiful Infinity is being avoided because I know it would just wind up being a huge time-and-money sink (!), and Heavy Gear for the same reasons... And a couple of us have had an eye on AT-43 for a loooong time, but that's got a £60 entry fee.

Hopefully I'll get some of my group into Monsterpocalypse! :D

Maybe ER snuck past while Untold was distracting me? (Told you I was looking for filler games!) Aaaanyway - I'm hoping to have a flick through the Earth Reborn site for more info... after I've read through the Warcanto rules!

I also happened to stumble across the amazing (and image heavy!) ConceptShips blog - so you will be seeing more artwork popping up in the Blogs of Note, gentle reader.

2 comments:

  1. My EDF fleet is in a holding pattern at the moment (as I'm painting my Relthoza), but I think I might get cracking on them soon enough.

    As for Earth Reborn, I say go for it! It's a great game and can scratch that same itch that usually only skirmish miniature games can.

    Also, I'm happy I've finally discovered your blog! Lots of great stuff! :D

    -Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a great game - I'll read up on the rules if I can first, but sci-fi would make a nice change from Descent!

    Sorry to take so long, had no internet for a week or so! Grrr.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.