Wednesday 23 February 2011

15mm Infinity: The concept

It's an idea I've had in my head for ages now, having played Infinity and liked it - but not having the cash to buy the (frankly beautiful) minis or the time to convert and paint them in a manner that would do them justice:

15mm scale Infinity!

OK... why?  Because I've been looking for a decent skirmish game for ages, and I like the way Infinity plays - and I could get much more mileage from, for example, Ground Zero's 15mm StarGrunt SF range as far as troop minis go.  Plus there's little need to convert for the right standard/support/heavy weapon types as they've a pretty comprehensive range, whereas the Infinity minis - at least when I first got the beta rules - were pretty limited.

As 40k players, my group have a lot of Gothic ruins terrain to play around in at 28mm scale, but I really don't feel that it fits with the Infinity feel...  Being utterly awestruck and inspired by Matakishi's Infinity city table I really wanted to do the game justice - and experiment with modular terrain after seeing some great Necromunda ideas - and making new 15mm terrain would, I thought, be easier than making new 28mm.  That was, after all, one of the things that put me off playing Warmachine...

I don't really get that much time for the hobby side of things, but it's still a dream.  But first I need to get my ACEF fleet painted up for Starmada!

2 comments:

  1. So this did not materialize perhaps? Looking at doing som Sci Fi in 15mm my self, but perhaps "This is not a test" is where I will start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did not! Mainly because the rules don't need any modification really but I neve got round to making terrain.

      I now play Infinity with the standard CB minis but I do still love 15mm sci fi, I think there are a few rulesets that work fine with 15mm or convert easily. Good luck.

      Delete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.