Monday 16 August 2010

Back to the Table

Last week Tom started his Pathfinder campaign and it really is a superb game, it brings back that Dungeons and Dragons feel that I thought was lacking in 4e. Everything in the Pathfinder rules is to my liking starting with the obviously high production values of the book, its streamlined 3e rules and new rule additions, core races and classes make it feel like a continuation of the legacy of D&D not a new game.

As I have read the rules and we have played our fist game I am struck by my own enthusiasm to play and really hate that I am away on "Stupid Holiday" next week and can not play in the game session. Amazing how after all the years and all those games its D&D that I still love to play above all others.

I have made a Human Fighter for my first character and whilst I like him a lot I have the urge to play a Half Elf Druid in these rules as the Druid really rocks! We have a Dwarf Ranger played by Nathan and a Gnome Rogue made by Mark with an Npc Cleric to be added to the group. Our group is down on numbers and we really need to find some fresh blood to bring into the game or attract some past gamers back out of retirement and back to the table, I would like two more players but more the merrier really.

That's all I have got to say for a little while as I am on Holiday for the next week or two. And Nathan and Mark if you read this hope everything goes well in next weeks game and please, please look after my character.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're excited about it. I mentioned Pathfinder to my group as a possibility and they, well, were less than receptive.

    Any chance you're near Reno, Nevada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Tourq, we're about 4000 miles away...

    From my background of 2nd Ed DnD (from Baldur's gate etc.) and 4th Ed, Pathfinder seems to hit the sweet spot - although I obviously can't compare it to 3.5 as I've never played it.

    Keep up here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/adventures-in-ond

    ReplyDelete

Comments always very welcome :)

Please consider indie and small press RPGs, and support the blogosphere.

Image content used that is not original was sourced via creative commons or similar and is used in good faith - and because I love it - however please contact me if there are any issues.